NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Parish listed below
Eardington Parish Council
Parish Number of Parish Councillors to be elected – Seven
1. Forms of nomination for the above election may be obtained from the Clerk to the Parish Council, or the Returning Officer, at The Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND, who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be hand-delivered to the Returning Officer, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND on any day after the date of this notice, but no later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2017. Alternatively, candidates may submit their nomination papers at the following locations on specified dates, between the time shown below:-
SHREWSBURY Bridgnorth Room, The Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury –
9.00am to 5.00pm On Tuesday 14th March, Wednesday 15th March, Friday 17th March, Monday 20th March, Tuesday 21st March, Thursday 23rd March, Friday 24th March, Monday 27th March, Tuesday 28th March, Wednesday 29th March and Friday 31st March.
9.00am to 7.00pm On Thursday 16th March, Wednesday 22nd March, Thursday 30th March and Monday 3rd April.
9.00am to 4.00pm On Tuesday 4th April.
OSWESTRY Council Chamber, Castle View
8.45am to 6.00pm On Tuesday 14th March and Thursday 23rd March.
8.45am to 5.30pm On Wednesday 29th March.
WEM Edinburgh House, New Street
9.15am to 4.30pm On Wednesday 15th March, Monday 20th March and Thursday 30th March.
LUDLOW Helena Lane Day Care Centre
8.45am to 4.00pm On Thursday 16th March and Wednesday 22nd March.
8.45am to 3.45pm On Tuesday 28th March.
BRIDGNORTH Bridgnorth Library, Listley Street
9.45am to 4.30pm On Friday 17th March and Monday 27th March.
9.45am to 3.30pm On Tuesday 21st March.
3. If any election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2017.
4. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and postal proxy votes, and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2017.
5. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND by 5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.